Wednesday, February 04, 2009

9 More Things About Me

I have already filled out a list of "XVI Things About Me" on Facebook, but have since been tagged by others at least twice for "25 Things About Me". So I will append my previous list with 9 more items to satisfy that requirement....and I'll tag 9 more people on Facebook. RULES: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you. 17. I have a chronically runny nose, every day of the year. Maybe I am allergic to something totally basic that I am around every day, but I have never seen an allergist. Instead I keep rolls of toilet paper in my car, office, and in every room of the house (I installed a toilet paper holder in the kitchen next to the paper towel holder). I also keep wads of toilet paper in almost every jacket pocket and purse/handbag/backpack. I will inevitably forget one of them when something goes through the laundry and find little bits of it in the dryer lint screen. (I use toilet paper to blow my nose because I find it more absorbent and cheaper, and the size of a toilet paper square is exactly the right size for a little sniffle, so I'm not wasting the extra real estate of an entire Kleenex. And when you blow your nose as often as I do, the cost savings add up quickly.) 18. When I need something, my order of locating an item is usually this: Freecycle (because you can't beat *free*), CraigsList, EBay, Goodwill, Garage/Estate Sales, retail store. I rarely pay retail for anything. I shop this way for clothing, furniture (I got my dining room set on EBay and had it shipped from Kansas), linens, toys, music, electronics, razor blades (for my head and leg-shaving husband) and vacuum cleaner bags. I do not shop at Wal-Mart. 19. I love to cook and find most of my recipes on the Epicurious website. Very rarely do I ever make the same recipe twice, however. 20. I believe kids need to be exposed to a food over and over again before they can really make a true determination whether they like it or not. I always make my daughter take "taster bites" of everything on her plate for that reason. I think that's why she was begging me to make brussels sprouts the other day. 21. All of my major childhood injuries resulted from jumping on a bed or riding a bicycle. 22. I have the last 5 years of my daughter's artwork plastered all over my office walls at work. 23. I was on yearbook staff in elementary school and high school. I reflect on that experience when I am scrapbooking today. 24. The tips of my fingers go numb and turn white at temperatures below 60 degrees Fahrenheit. My nose feels cold below 70 degrees Fahrenheit. My comfort zone is 75-90 degrees Fahrenheit. 25. My job involves Quality Assurance at an ISO 9001 certified company. I sometimes find myself evaluating my life in terms of continuous improvement, corrective actions, and supplier quality.

No comments: